Who We Are
Bentley is registered in England and Wales under registration number 01351166. Our registered address is at Frederick Road, Hoo Farm Industrial Estate, Kidderminster, Worcestershire, DY11 7RA, England. We also act as the data controller when processing your personal data and are therefore registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration number Z1850290.
What We Collect
Bentley processes your personal data to enable us to fulfil purchase orders and contracts; buy, sell, promote and advertise our products and services; and maintain necessary legal, accounting and tax records. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your personal data in any way, other than as specified in this notice. Accordingly, we may collect and process the following personal data:
- Information necessary to carry out the fulfilment of your orders, either on our website, in-store, or over the telephone. Generally, this information will consist of your: (i) name; (ii) mailing address; (iii) email address; (iv) telephone number or other contact information; and (iv) and/or other billing information;
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website (www.benam.co.uk). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our website; and If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Further, we may collect details of your visits to our website, which may include your anonymized IP address; operating system information; and browser type to ensure website security and to improve our website’s functionality. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not actually identify an individual or personal information.
How We Use Your Personal Data
Bentley takes your privacy very seriously and we only retain your personal data for as long as necessary and for the purposes specified in this notice. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are as follows:
- To provide you with our products and services and to ensure that all orders are completed and can be sent out to your preferred address;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To perform identity checks, where necessary, to protect our customers and Bentley from fraud and/or theft;
- As part of our legal obligations and for other business, accounting and tax purposes;
- Provided that we have your consent, we will occasionally send you marketing and survey information and notifications about changes to our service. Such information will be non-intrusive and is processed on the grounds of legitimate interests. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and/or not respond to such communication;
You have the right to access any personal data that Bentley processes about you and, if we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source.
If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing in accordance with applicable data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use. However, much of the personal data we process is required for us to provide you with our products and services and we may not be able to offer all our products and services without it
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Bentley takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your personal data from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. Accordingly, all information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Sharing Your Personal Data to Third-Parties
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. Further, personal data in the European Union and the UK is protected by the GDPR and Data Privacy Bill. However, Bentley does utilise third parties to provide business support services, including services that may be hosted outside the European Economic Area (‘EEA’). Where we transfer personal data outside of the EEA to a country not determined by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data, the transfers will be under an agreement which imposes European Commission’s requirements for the transfer of personal data outside the EEA, such as approved standard contractual clauses, which are available at the following link: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/model-contracts-transfer-personal-data-third-countries_en. Personal data you submit may therefore be transferred to:
- Third-party information technology (‘IT’) providers we utilise to provide IT support, security, and backup data storage for our databases;
- Third-party credit card processors we utilise to process customer credit card payments;
- Third-party firewall providers and website hosts;
- Auditors and other professional advisers;
- Law enforcement or other government and regulatory agencies or to other third parties as required by, and in accordance with, applicable law or regulation;
- Third party organisations that provide us with goods, services, order fulfillment or other business support;
- We may further transfer your personal data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006;
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; and If all or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data about customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Any changes we may make to our Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Bentley only retains personal data for as long as is necessary to comply with our legal, accounting, tax, and other business obligations and we have enacted review and retention policies to delete personal data when it is no longer required to comply these obligations. Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Requesting Access and Lodging A Complaint
Bentley only processes your personal data in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If you wish to request access or to modify your personal data or you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you may contact us at:
Bentley Advanced Materials Frederick Road, Hoo Farm Industrial Estate Kidderminster, Worcestershire DY11 7RA England Telephone: 44 (0)1562 515121 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further, if you are not satisfied with our response, you may contact the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office, which oversees data protection compliance in the UK. Details on how to contact the ICO can be found at the following link: https://ico.org.uk/